3 Large Bell Peppers
3C Rice (I used Jasmine rice)
1 Can of No Name Peaches and Cream Corn (341mL, 12oz)
1 Can Ferma Romano Beans (540mL, 19oz)
1 Can Money’s Sliced Mushrooms (284mL, 10oz)
1 Can Primo Thick and Zesty Original Recipe Tomato Sauce (680mL)
- Make the rice.
- Once the rice is done cooking, add the mushrooms, corn and beans to the rice cooker and mix. (If canned in water, dump out the water) Dump about half the can of tomato sauce into the rice and mix that in too.
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut the peppers in half vertically and take out the innerds.
- Get a roasting pan and pour some of the tomato sauce into the bottom of the pan and spread around. Place the pepper halves into the pan.
- Scoop the rice mixture into the peppers. I was able to fit about 3Tbsps of the rice into each half.
- Scoop about 1Tbsp of tomato sauce on top of all the peppers, smearing some on the sides of the peppers as well.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake in the oven for 20min.
- Take peppers out and uncover, adding the remaining sauce on top (and some in the bottom of the pan if it dried out) and place back in oven for another 10min.
Allow to cool and enjoy!
*I put the left over rice in the deep freeze for later use.
Check out more recipes here: Recipes All of the recipes are vegan. If you haven’t seen The Veg Life home page, then you might not know – all recipes on my site are proudly animal product free. (Yes, including the beauty products) All pictures of the food/product are taken by me and are sometimes pulled off my Instagram account.