I know Gardein stopped making wings, so you could either make some homemade seitan to go on top of this, or buy their Seven Grain Crispy Tenders because they’re basically the same. (Since I didn’t put the sauce packet on them)
Or, you could leave out the wings completely and just eat a mixed rice stir fry.
Also, I know in the picture there’s a mushroom – it’s because the ‘brown rice’ I mixed with the white rice was left over take-out mushroom fried rice.
Had some #Gardein wings in the freezer and decided to try. The sauce was too smokey for me but the wings were good by themself. (Tried some plain yesterday) Coated these in milk (Rice Dream b/c it's all I had) and flour mixtures before frying and putting on top of white and brown mixed rice. Recipe will be up on my website (aterimber.com) soon! #vegan #whatveganseat #veganfood #vegansofig #vegansofinsta #breakfast #chickenwings #rice #frying #wheredoyougetyourprotein #healthy #crueltyfree
Gardein Wings (or Seitan Wings)
4C Brown Rice
4C White Rice
Frozen Veggies (corn, peas, green beans, broccoli, carrots, green peppers)
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp S&P
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Poultry Seasoning
1 tsp. Basil
1 tsp. Ginger
1 tsp. Paprika
¼ tsp Tumeric
- Make seitan wings first, (if none on hand, if precooked/in fridge skip to Step 2).
- Cook rice according to instructions.* (Can spice rice here if throwing in a rice cooker)
- In the last 10min. of rice cooking time, fill a pot with water, dump in the frozen vegetables and place on high heat. Once water starts boiling, dump out veggies. Reheat the seitan wings in oven so they’re not cold. (Keep these separate from vegetables)
- Add veggies back to drained pot, and add spices. Turn the pot back on to low-medium.
- Once rice is done, mix the white and brown rice together in a bowl. Add the Soy Sauce to the rice and mix.
- Throw the rice in the pot with the vegetables and stir until evenly mixed. You can also add more spices here if needed.
- Once heated, turn off pot and scoop rice mixture out into a bowl/plate, laying the wings across the top of the rice.
*If you’re using a rice cooker, I don’t recommend tossing both brown and white rice together at once – it will mess up the cooking time and might end up not cooking/over cooking some rice. I’d say to do it in two batches. (Or, you could make this if you have different rice left in the fridge and don’t know what to do with it.)
Check out more recipes here: Recipes All of the recipes are vegan. If you haven’t seen The Veg Life home page, then you might not know – all recipes on my site are proudly animal product free. (Yes, including the beauty products) All pictures of the food/product are taken by me and are sometimes pulled off my Instagram account.