This was one of the earlier recipes I tried to make, and it actually turned out pretty good. Only thing was it was too sweet for my taste, so when I make it in the future, I’m going to use less sugar.
For you guys though, I left the amount the recipe I followed said – since everyone has different tastes, you might not find it too sweet.
3Tbsps Cornstartch (Divided)
½ C water plus
2 Tbsps water, divided
½ tsp garlic powder
Beef strips (I used a whole bag of Gardeins Beefless Tips*)
2 Tbsp veg oil, divided
4C broccoli (I used frozen, but you can use fresh if you want)
1 onion (small)
1/3 C soy sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
- Combine 2Tbsp cornstarch, 2Tbsp water and garlic until smooth. Add the beef and toss
- Over medium-high heat, stir fry beef w/ 1 Tbsp oil. Remove from heat once thoroughly cooked and keep warm.
- Stir fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil until onions are translucent.
- Return the beef to the pan. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining cornstarch and water. Blend until smooth and add to pan.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until everything is well combined and the beef is hot.
- Remove from heat and serve over rice. (If desired)
*I know that Gardein stopped making the Beefless Tips, so I would suggest, either seeing if you can find another one, or maybe make some beef-style seitan to go with it? Or, if you want to really not eat beef, you could substitute Tofurkey Sausages (cut into pieces).
Let me know in the comments if it was too sweet for you, or any other question/concern/comment you might have about it!
Check out more recipes here!
Liking the site? Consider signing up for my Patreon, so I can continue bringing you the content you love!