I know I’ve been on sort of a rice kick lately, but I have to use it, right?
Don’t worry if you’re sick of rice though – summer IS coming, so I’ll be making much less ‘hearty’ dishes for the warming weather. Stay tuned!
But, for now… more rice-y goodness!
5C white rice (I used Jasmine Rice)
1 head of broccoli
1 Container of Mushroom Broth*
½ container of vegetable broth*
Garlic and Onion Powder
- Cut up the carrots, potatoes and broccoli. The carrots I just left as slices (feel free to make them smaller) and the potatoes I cut into eighths. The broccoli I left pretty chunky.
- Place the cut up carrots and potatoes into a bowl. Add the broccoli to another bowl. Fill the bowls up with the Mushroom Broth until all the pieces are covered (or mostly covered).
- Add the spices and stir the veggies around.
- Cover and place in the fridge. Let the veggies marinate in the broth for about an hour and half. (I went for a bike ride while they were marinating so the timing might not be exact)
- Preheat the oven to 350. Take veggies out of the fridge and spread out on a baking sheet. (Carrots and potatoes on one, broccoli on another) Keep the liquid! (We’re gonna use it to cook the rice)
- Bake the carrots/potatoes for about 40 minutes, (until soft enough to poke with a fork), then cook the broccoli.
- In the last twenty minutes of cooking time, make the rice. Use the marinating liquid instead of water. (To give the rice more flavour)
- Once the rice is done, transfer to a container (or a serving dish) and mix in the veggies.
*I used Campbell’s Mushroom/Veggie Broth, it comes in a red square container, 900ml/container
** I didn’t measure out how much spice I put in, but if I had to guess, I’d say it was a couple of Tablespoons for each bowl
So, what do you guys think? Like it? Hate it? Let me know in the comments! Also, I know this one takes a while, but marinating definitely gives the veggies (and rice) way more flavour.
Check out more recipes here!
Liking the site? Consider signing up for my Patreon, so I can continue bringing you the content you love!