So for this Halloween, I thought I’d try my hand at some 2 sentence horror stories. Because you don’t need many words to get creeped out/scared. It was a fun challenge for myself, as I’m typically more of a ‘use ALL the words’ writer.
Also, I thought it might be fun to give you 1 horror story for every day from now until Halloween, which is why there is 23 stories below. So feel free to read all at once, or just read 1 a day from now until then.
Either way, I hope you enjoy them! (Also don’t fret – there will be a full Halloween story coming Oct. 23rd)
- “Come to bed,” a voice whispers in the darkness.
I freeze in the doorway as I see my dead wife sitting on our bed, dropping the shovel in surprise, how does she keep getting out?
- Tears were shining in my eyes as I picked up my new born daughter. I held her up to my wife, as I patted her on the head, “It’s too bad you didn’t live to see her.”
- I stare at myself in the mirror, splashing cold water on my face, you need to get some sleep.
My reflection smirks back at me, before reaching through the glass, “Not tonight.”
- “Daddy, come play with me!”
I shake my head, blinking back tears as I lower another shovelful of dirt onto the grave, “No, Princess, it’s time for bed.”
- “Daddy, come tuck me in!”
I rub the sleep from my eyes as I get out of bed, shaking my head as I pad down the hallway, I never should’ve dug her up.
- I wiped a tear from my eye as I tore up the plane tickets, “It’s okay, we can always get them refunded,” I pressed a kiss to my girlfriends’ hand before getting up, heading for bed, why did you have to kill yourself this week?
- “There, see?” I open the closet door and give my son a pointed look, “No monsters.”
He smiles in satisfaction before sinking down into his bed as I head for the door, letting out a sigh of relief, thank God he didn’t look up.
- You awake from a deep sleep to the distinct feeling something is ‘off’.
Then you see the spider crawl out of your mouth.
- I see the blood on the window sill and immediately begin backing out of the room, I know how this ends.
I feel somebody grab me from behind, chuckling, “Oh, do you?”
- It’s kind of dark in here, I think as I get up to go to the bathroom.
Then the light clicks on.
Liking the stories? Check out the rest of them here!