Have you guys tried Ketchup Doritos? If not, you’ve GOT to try them! SO glad they’re vegan! The only problem with them? They aren’t available all year round, only ever limited time with such greatness…
Well, before they disappear this time, might I suggest make them into nachos? Ooohhh yeah – I went there.
These are split in half with Sweet Chili Heat Doritos (also vegan, and available all year!), but if you’re really craving ketchup, feel free to just use one chip.
Or, if you love Sweet Chili Heat but find eating them alone is a little too spicy for you – cut them in half with Ketchup Doritos. They pair really well together – the little kick from the Chili and the coolness of the ketchup are great.
Okay, okay, here it is:
Ketchup Doritos NACHOS?! Oh yes I did! Used a mix of Ketchup, Sweet Chili Heat Doritos, brown rice, mushrooms, bell peppers and #Daiya shreds. And salsa on the side. #vegan #veganfood #whatveganseat #vegancooking #veganmeals #crueltyfree #plantbased #vegansofig #vegansofinsta #salsa #vegetables #cheese #nachos #mexicanfood #doritos #cookingadventures
- Ketchup Doritos
- Sweet Chili Heat Doritos
- Red/Yellow Bell Peppers
- Brown Rice
- Daiya Shreds
- Mushrooms (sauteed)
- Soy Sauce
- Spices (salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, basil, tumeric and cumin)
- Make rice according to instructions and add spices if desired.
- Cut up the bell peppers and mushrooms to desired smallness (I made them cubes) Put bell peppers to the side.
- Throw the mushrooms in a pan with a little bit of olive oil. Add spices as you wish, and cook until tender, add soy sauce close to the end of cooking.
- Preheat oven to 375. Put foil over baking sheet and add 1 layer of chips. (Make about half ketchup, half sweet chili)
- Layer toppings as desired (except salsa). I layered: rice, mushrooms, red/yellow peppers and then cheese. Place in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Scoop salsa into a small bowl to have on side. Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe so much, wish I could make it all year but what can you do? Let me know what you think of this masterpiece in the comments!
Check out more recipes here!
Liking the site? Consider signing up for my Patreon, so I can continue bringing you the content you love!