- Everyone you know used to write in college. Seriously, even the people who didn’t go to college used to write in college.
- *snottily* “Have you published anything?”
- “Oh, no, I meant what’s your real job?”
- “What do you write?”
“Well I think you’d do better if you wrote ____”
- (After telling them your story plot/idea) “Oh, so it’s like (insert overly popular movie full of clichés)?”
- “Writing’s a good hobby, but when are you going to get a real job?”
- “I’ll totally read your book when it comes out!”
- “What do you mean I don’t get a free copy? But I’m your (insert personal relationship label)!”
- “That must be so nice! I’d love to sit around and daydream all day instead of going to work.”
- “Can you write me something (for free)?”
Like this post? Check out more here!